Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Olsen’s Catering may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 December 2020.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to www.olsenscatering.com.au by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- We may receive information about you from other sources. You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account. www.olsenscatering.com.au utilizes the Facebook commenting system, so if you choose to comment on a website post, your profile picture will appear.
- We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access www.olsenscatering.com.au. For example, when you use www.olsenscatering.com.au, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed www.olsenscatering.com.au. We may also collect information about actions you take when using www.olsenscatering.com.au, such as links clicked.
- We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by www.olsenscatering.com.au. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalised experience on www.olsenscatering.com.au.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To operate and maintain www.olsenscatering.com.au;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To track and measure advertising on www.olsenscatering.com.au;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity.
Third-Party use of Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorise us to share your information.
Additionally, www.olsenscatering.com.au may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of www.olsenscatering.com.au. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
www.olsenscatering.com.au currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on www.olsenscatering.com.au. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of www.olsenscatering.com.au.
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook re-marketing here
Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here
On www.olsenscatering.com.au, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows www.olsenscatering.com.au to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behaviour will not be passed on to third parties.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.